From Stralsund to Berlin
From the old Hanseatic city of Stralsund you will sail along the unique Bodden coast to Germany’s largest islands, Rügen and Usedom.
Along the Oder from the Baltic Sea to Berlin
What could be more wonderful than sitting on the sun deck and enjoying the splendid views of the landscape slowly going by and finding out all sorts of interesting things about the country, people, culture and nature on lovely bike tours? Discover the varied flora and fauna of these unique fluvial landscapes, baroque castles, brick gothic and northern German seaside resort architecture.
- Embarkation at 4:00 pm, disembarkation after breakfast at 9:00 am.
- Rental bikes on board: smooth-running 7-gear unisex bicycle with hand and back pedal brake and saddle bag, made by Velo de Ville (special design for SE-Tours). Electric bicycle (limited number, an early booking is necessary). Please indicate your body height when you book
- To bring your own bike: on request only – due to lack of space on sundeck.
- Bike tours: the bike tours are individual and unguided. They cover distances between 15 and 45 km. All of the stated kilometre distances are approximate distances for the recommended bike tours.
- Languages on board: German, English
- Bike routes/level of difficulty: you will mostly be biking on car-free paths, rural country roads with little traffic and asphalted bike lanes but also on dusty field paths and dirt roads, with a few short sections on federal highways. “Pleasure-biking” - The routes are mostly flat with some hilly parts, although there will be a few steep inclines and downgrades. • If you don’t feel like a bike ride on a particular day, you can spend the day on the ship.
- Luggage: please make sure that your vacation luggage includes good rainproof gear (jacket and pants), a bike helmet, a sun hat and sunscreen as well as tennis shoes.
- Schedule/timetable: the schedule and programme are always subject to change.
- If a certain route cannot be taken due to high or low tides, the Skipper retains the right to change the route for reasons of safety without this constituting any legal entitlement to a claim.
- Because your boat will generally dock at the next port on the same day, your time frame for some activities and sight-seeing will be limited.
- Due to a very low overhead clearance of some bridges the sundeck will be closed from time to time. Optional guided walking tours in Szczecin: can be booked on board only. Depending on the number of participants the excursion could be carried out in 2 languages (German/ English).
- Travel Documents: EU-citizens (without special situations like dual citizenship, main residence abroad or a limited-validity passport) are required to have a valid passport or ID-card, not expiring within six(6) months of the return of your cruise. We kindly ask non-EU citizens, EU-nationals with multiple citizenship or anybody who has to respect special legal entry requirements for the country to visit, to inform about visa and entry documents at the competent embassy.
This trip is not suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
Day 1: Saturday, arrival in Stralsund
Individual arrive in Stralsund. Embarkation at 4:00 PM. Maybe you’ll have some time and a notion to take a stroll through Stralsund’s historic centre, which is situated on a small island. As a city with an important past, you will see numerous exceptional sights.
Day 2: Sunday, Stralsund – Lauterbach – Peenemünde, bike tour, about 48 km
Your bike tour on this day will take you through Stralsund over the Rügen Dam to Gustow with its well-known village church, then past Poseritz, Groß Schoritz, the birthplace of Ernst Moritz Arndt and Garz to Putbus (tip: Don’t miss the famous circus. Classical buildings line this circular “square”, where all the streets converge). Then it’s off to Lauterbach in the southeast of Rügen Island. You will board the boat here. Around 6.30 pm departure to Usedom.
Day 3: Monday, Lauterbach – Peenemünde – Wolgast, bike tour, about 16-20 km
Today you have plenty of time to explore the Usedom Island. Tip: historical/technical museum in the former power plant or alternatively you choose the “beach-route” via Trassenheide and Zinnowitz. Afterwards will bike past Karlshagen Harbour and Zecherin to Wolgast, also known as the “Gateway to Usedom Island The Medieval historic centre with its town hall and the Church of St. Petri are interesting sights in any case.
Day 4: Tuesday, Wolgast – Szczecin, day of rest on board
Today you will spend all day on board.
You will cross the expansive waters of the Bay of Szczecin (Oder Lagoon) and reach Szczecin, the green city on the mouth of the Oder and one of the largest ports on the Baltic Sea. The reconstructed castle of the dukes of Pomerania situated in the city’s historic centre is worth seeing. Tip: A guided walking tour through Szczecin (optional, approx. € 9 per Person).
Day 5: Wednesday, Szczecin – Mescherin – Schwedt, bike tour, about 30 km
In the morning you will sail from Szczecin to Mescherin. Biking past Gartz you will bike through a part of a unique, cross-border nature reserve, the “Lower Oder Valley National Park” before reaching Schwedt, today’s destination. Tip: A guided walking tour through Schwedt (optional, approx. € 6,- per person).
Day 6: Thursday, Schwedt – Hohensaaten – Eberswalde, bike tour, about 32 km
In the morning you will sail from Schwedt to Hohensaaten. Then a bike ride in the direction of Niederfinow (boat lift – a tour is always an option) through the splendid landscape, passing by small hills, glades and forests – the last section will be on the Treidel bike route along the Finow Canal – to Eberswalde. In the heart of the city, in the Finow Canal, is the oldest working lock in Germany, which has been a technical monument since 1978.
Day 7: Friday, Eberswalde – Oranienburg – Berlin, bike tour, about 38 km
In the morning shipping to Oranienburg. Sightseeing tip: the Baroque castle with its park, museum and orangery. Then the well-marked bike route will take you southwards through the Ruppin sea area to Berlin.
Day 8: Saturday, departure from Berlin
After breakfast, disembarkation until 9:00 am and individual trip home.
- 7 nights’ accommodation in an outside cabin with shower/toilet in the booked cabin category
- Programme according to the itinerary from Stralsund to Berlin
- Welcome drink
- Daily cabin cleaning
- Bedding and towel changes as needed
- Full board: breakfast, packed lunch for bike tours or noontime snack, coffee and tea in the afternoon, three-course dinner
- All port and lock dues
- Daily bike tour meeting
- On-board tour guidance
- 1x book with route maps for individual tours per cabin
- Arrival and departure
- bike rentals
- entrance and sightseeing fees
- city maps
- travel insurance
- gratuities and personal expenses
* Cabins at the front and rear of the ship; perceptive engine and generator noise (regardless is ship is in motion or not)